Our strategy is focused on growing faster, executing better and doing even more to inspire and empower our people. We are moving with greater pace and urgency, to deliver performance reflective of our vast capabilities.
The Smiths Value Engine connects our capabilities to our potential, enabling us to deliver value to our stakeholders on a sustainable basis. The Engine has three key components: Our Values and Purpose, Our Strengths, and Our Priorities.
We are Pioneers of Progress. For over 170 years, Smiths has been improving our world through smarter engineering. Our technology benefits millions of people every day – making travel safer, supporting sustainable energy transition, efficiently heating or cooling our homes, and helping our world stay connected.
Our values and our commitment to doing business responsibly are more than just words. They influence every decision and help to make Smiths a place where people want to work, an organisation that is valued, and one that people want to do business with.
Pioneers across multiple geographies and industries over time
Leading Positions in Critical Markets
Valued partners supplying mission-critical products and services
The depth and reach to think globally while acting locally
Robust Financial Framework
Resilient, repeatable revenues with low asset intensity and high cash generation
- Strong execution to maximise underlying market expansion
- Improved new product development and commercialisation
- Extending our reach to build out priority adjacencies
- Supplementing organic growth with disciplined M&A
- Developing green technology solutions for our customers
- Smiths Excellence System 2.0 advancing us from learning to doing
- Creating a faster and consistent operating rhythm throughout Smiths
- Continuous improvement to deliver value for customers
- Executing against our environmental commitments
- Progress begins and ends with our people
- Safety and wellbeing always at the forefront, in everything we do
- Inspiring and empowering our people
- Embedding an inclusive and diverse workplace
- Expanding on our already strong ESG culture