What we do
Smiths Interconnect is a leading provider of technically differentiated electronic components, subsystems, microwave and radio frequency products that provide secure connectivity of critical applications in the defence, aerospace, communications and industrial markets.
Our advanced, high-quality solutions ensure high speed connectivity, reliability and safety for demanding applications operating in harsh environments.
A global presence
We sell our products in over 50 countries with manufacturing facilities in nine, and offices across North and Central America, Europe and Asia.
£35m2021 headline operating profit
- Smiths Interconnect
- Smiths Group
Across the security and defense, medical, general industrial and space and aerospace markets, Smiths Interconnect provides solutions for prime contractors, original equipment manufacturers, system suppliers and sub-system manufacturers.
Our blue-chip customers include Raytheon, Lockheed Martin, BAE Systems, Huawei, NVIDIA and Biosense Webster.
- Increased connectivity in space and aerospace
- Growing urbanised population requiring transport and infrastructure
- Increasing geopolitical uncertainty
- Extension of internet connectivity to improve efficiency and data accuracy (Internet of Things, Industry 4.0)
Smiths Interconnect solutions are synonymous with exceptional performance in critical applications and include high reliability electrical connectors and cable assemblies, antenna systems and a wide range of RF and microwave solutions.
Our strategy is to outperform our chosen market segments through customer focus, new technology, operational excellence and targeted geographical investment. We aim to be a supplier of choice to customers that value our broad portfolio of innovative and technically differentiated connectivity solutions by having strong key account partnerships and efficient channels to market.
We will continue to focus on specific market segments including defence and aerospace, communications and industrial applications. We will drive competitiveness through R&D and we will fund our investments through manufacturing efficiency.
OUTPERFORMING OUR CHOSEN MARKETS
- Continued emphasis on key account management to develop customer intimacy
- Increased focused R&D investment of over 7% of sales to drive growth in our Vitality Index
- Build presence in India, focusing on defence, satcom, space and rail market segments
- Continued focus on higher-growth regions with our Sichuan Huafeng JV in China
DELIVER WORLD-CLASS COMPETITIVENESS
- Continuous improvement and lean manufacturing through Six Sigma process improvement, deployment of mechanised/automated processes, and use of disruptive technologies to enable new manufacturing methods
- Simplified global operational structure through single enterprise resource planning (ERP) implementation, legal entity simplification and network optimisation (regional end-to-end supply chain)
Get in touch with the experts at Smiths Interconnect: