What we do
Smiths Interconnect provides high-speed, secure connectivity solutions that can perform at extremes of pressure and temperature. Our microwave technology is used to keep military radar systems online while our antenna solutions are installed across aircraft and space applications to enhance communications. Innovative cable solutions increase signaling functionality in autonomous transport systems and augmented reality and surgical robotics are made possible with connectors that increase bandwidth and data rates. Customers rely on Smiths Interconnect for mission-critical connectivity in the harshest environments.
A global presence
We sell our products in over 50 countries with manufacturing facilities in nine, and offices across North and Central America, Europe and Asia.
£42m2018 headline operating profit
- Smiths Interconnect
- Smiths Group
Across the security and defense, medical, general industrial and space and aerospace markets, Smiths Interconnect provides solutions for prime contractors, original equipment manufacturers, system suppliers and sub-system manufacturers.
Our blue-chip customers include Raytheon, Lockheed Martin, BAE Systems, Huawei, NVIDIA and Biosense Webster.
- Increased connectivity supporting growth in space applications and in commercial aerospace
- Growing urbanised population requiring transportation and infrastructure
- Increasing geopolitical uncertainty
- Ageing population and rising need for connected healthcare services
Smiths Interconnect solutions are synonymous with exceptional performance in critical applications and include high reliability electrical connectors and cable assemblies, antenna systems and a wide range of RF and microwave solutions.
We aim to be the supplier of choice to customers that value our broad portfolio of innovative and technically differentiated connectivity solutions. We focus on the most attractive applications in the defence, semiconductor test, medical, space, commercial aerospace and rail markets. Our aim is to grow our market positions in all regions and continue to embed our key account partnerships and channels to market.
We want to outperform our competitors and market growth through customer focus, innovation and service as well as attracting and retaining the best talent available.
We drive competitiveness through R&D and fund our investments through manufacturing efficiency.
- Continue to focus on strategic markets, customers and sales channels
- Expand key account programme
- International expansion, particularly in Asia building on the launch of the joint venture with Sichuan Huafeng
- Increase vitality rate and introduction of new products
- Reduce costs through value engineering and scale efficiencies
Get in touch with the experts at Smiths Interconnect: