What we do
Flex-Tek is a global provider of engineered components that heat and move fluids and gases for the aerospace, medical, industrial, construction and domestic appliance markets.
Our flexible hosing and rigid tubing provide fluid management for fuel and hydraulic applications on commercial and military aircraft, deliver gas and conditioned air in residential and commercial buildings, and provide respiratory care for medical applications.
Flex-Tek heating elements and thermal systems improve the performance of medical and diagnostic equipment as well as that of domestic appliances such as clothes tumble dryers and HVAC equipment.
A global presence
Flex-Tek operations are principally located in the US and Mexico. Flex-Tek is one of the world’s largest manufacturers of open coil heating elements that are used in domestic appliances.
£97m2021 headline operating profit
Across the general industrial, medical technology, space and aerospace markets, Flek-Tek provides solutions for domestic appliance original equipment manufacturers, aerospace and airframe manufacturers, and the US construction industry.
Customers include Watsco, Ferguson, Boeing, Airbus, Pratt & Whitney, General Electric, Samsung and Trane and Carrier.
- Through cycle growth of the US housing construction market
- Expanding international market for corrugated stainless steel tubing for residential housing
- Continued increase in large commercial aircraft production
- Growth of medical devices, especially for the treatment of sleep apnoea
- Expansion in higher-growth markets
Our fluid management solutions include hose and hose assemblies, rigid and flexible ducting, helix reinforced hoses, wire braid reinforcement and corrugated stainless steel tubing.
Heating solutions include open coil heating elements and tubular, strip and infrared heaters. We have leading capabilities in the design and manufacture of heating solutions for bespoke applications.
Our strategy is to outperform our chosen markets through technological differentiation, with the need for safer, more energy-efficient solutions providing opportunities for us to establish leadership positions across our segments.
We aim to do this by developing our product portfolio, expanding in our target regions, growing existing market share and driving operational excellence to increase competitiveness. We also consider the right strategic bolt-on acquisitions to support growth.
Specific focus areas include growing our market share in the US housing market, expanding our international markets for gas tubing and securing positions on next generation aircraft.
We drive competitiveness through operational improvements.
OUTPERFORMING OUR CHOSEN MARKETS
- Integration of United Flexible progressing to plan
- Launched new innovative products including FlashShield+TM
- Progress in international expansion
DELIVER WORLD-CLASS COMPETITIVENESS
- Continue the lean transformation of all sites, including the newly acquired United Flexible sites using the SES site development guide
- Focus on quality by adopting a formal supplier quality methodology and optimise supply base