What We Do
John Crane is a global leader in rotating equipment solutions, supplying engineered technologies and services to process industries including oil & gas, pharmaceutical, chemical, petrochemical, power generation, mining, water treatment, pulp & paper, and turbo machinery.
John Crane designs and manufactures a variety of products including mechanical seals and systems, couplings, filtration systems and predictive digital monitoring technologies. John Crane sales and service is accessed through a global network of more than 200 sales and service facilities in over 50 countries.
A global presence
With operations in more than 50 countries, including over 200 sales and service centres, John Crane's technology leadership and field expertise help optimise customers’ manufacturing operations.
£187m2020 headline operating profit
- John Crane
- Smiths Group
We serve the energy sector and process industries including oil and gas, power generation, mining and minerals, chemical, pulp and paper, pharmaceutical, and food and beverage.
John Crane’s large installed base also drives significant aftermarket service demand.
Customers include Chevron, International Paper, ExxonMobil, Shell, BASF, Sulzer, GE and Siemens.
- Underlying energy demand
- Pent-up demand for maintenance and upgrades in oil & gas and petrochemical
- Expansion in higher-growth markets
- Need for operational improvements in industrial process industries
- Disruptive innovations, including materials science advancements and digital transformation
Solutions include mechanical seals, seal support systems, hydrodynamic bearings, packing materials, power transmission couplings and specialised filtration systems.
We have one of the largest extensive global sales and service networks in the mechanical seal industry, with over 200 sales and service centres and a reputation for improving equipment performance and reducing downtime.
Our strategy is to reinforce our global leadership in technologies and services for rotating equipment, with a competitively differentiated offering that will deliver above-market, longterm growth in the most attractive process industries.
We will maintain differentiation by investing in product development, continuing to diversify into industrial segments and higher-growth regions, and broadening our aftermarket value proposition.
We will also evaluate strategic bolt-on acquisitions to accelerate growth. We will further drive competitiveness through operational improvements based on safety, quality and improved lead times.
OUTPERFORMING OUR CHOSEN MARKETS
- Industrial market penetration
- Product development to support endmarket diversification and digitisation
- Continued focus on higher-growth regions with contract wins in China, Thailand, Singapore and Korea
- Strong new product pipeline and constant portfolio review
DELIVER WORLD-CLASS COMPETITIVENESS
- Continue to implement SES pillars focusing on lean and continuous improvement
- Focus on business process standardisation using automated systems
- Develop strategic manufacturing and supply strategy
Get in touch with the experts at John Crane: