What We Do
John Crane keeps the world’s energy and process industries running. Our advanced seal technology has prevented leakages and reduced waste emissions for over 100 years. Our solutions are key components for industrial operations the world over. We have the expertise to maximise reliability and efficiency in the most challenging environments. Our innovations are critical to customers all over the globe as we continue to help industry power human progress.
A global presence
With operations in more than 50 countries, including over 200 sales and service centres, John Crane's technology leadership and field expertise help optimise customers’ manufacturing operations.
£202m2018 headline operating profit
200Sales & service centres
- John Crane
- Smiths Group
We serve the energy sector and process industries including oil and gas, power generation, mining and minerals, chemical, pulp and paper, pharmaceutical, and food and beverage.
John Crane’s large installed base also drives significant aftermarket service demand.
Customers include Chevron, International Paper, ExxonMobil, Shell, BASF, Sulzer, GE and Siemens.
- Oil & gas markets recovering driven by underlying energy demand
- Expansion in high growth markets
- Pent-up demand for maintenance and upgrades in oil & gas and petrochemical
- Need for operation improvements in non-oil & gas industries
- Disruptive innovations including materials science advancements and digital transformation
Solutions include mechanical seals, seal support systems, hydrodynamic bearings, packing materials, power transmission couplings and specialised filtration systems.
We have one of the largest extensive global sales and service networks in the mechanical seal industry, with over 200 sales and service centres and a reputation for improving equipment performance and reducing downtime.
Our strategy is to reinforce our global leadership in technologies and services for rotating equipment, with a competitively differentiated offering that will deliver above-market, long-term growth in the most attractive process industries.
We will maintain differentiation by investing in product development, broadening our aftermarket value proposition, delivering operational excellence (with a particular focus on safety and quality), and accelerating growth through bolt-on acquisitions. We will also continue to diversify into non-oil & gas segments and higher-growth regions.
- Continue expansion in select process industries
- Develop and launch new products and expand more into innovative digital technologies
- Enhancing productivity and cost-competitiveness throughout the supply chain
- Maximise aftermarket performance and expand our service offering
- Build out selected high-growth markets
- Successful integration of Seebach GmbH
- Expand manufacturing network capacity to serve our growing markets
Get in touch with the experts at John Crane:
21 September 2018Annual results for the year ended 31 July 2018
18 September 2018John Crane launches innovative gas seal technology to significantly reduce methane emissions
06 June 2018Smiths celebrates first annual Smiths Day