Our ESG Strategic Priorities
Our sustainability strategy leverages and helps direct the Smiths Value Engine and follows our Value Engine priorities - Growth, Execution and People.
Our ESG priorities are focused on our highest-impact opportunities to accelerate performance and create value with specific actions that will lead to concrete and measurable results.
Deliver sustainable growth by targeting high-growth markets where we can leverage our unique capabilities to develop and deliver differentiated technology solutions which help solve some of the world’s biggest challenges for our customers and global communities.
- Prioritise new product development (NPD) programmes that deliver the sustainability performance our customers need and want. Develop and designate top sustainable growth NPD programmes in each division that contribute significantly to division revenue growth and where commercial success will deliver corresponding sustainability performance benefits, such as energy efficiency, GHG reductions and renewable energy production
- Integrate environmental sustainability metrics into our NPD processes to enable our own Net Zero delivery, and our customers’ and the industries we serve
Deliver our commitments to Net Zero Science-Based Targets (SBTs) and further improve the environmental performance of our operations.
- Deliver operational targets for renewable energy, waste generation, water use and packaging
- Deliver Net Zero GHG emissions commitments for Scopes 1, 2 and 3 and associated SBTs through energy efficiency and renewable energy, including optimising product design and our supply chains
Deliver for people, ensuring that we grow our business in line with our Values, our Leadership Behaviours, and plan for the long-term future of Smiths.
- Sustain and vitalise our safety culture and performance
- Develop and empower Smiths talent for the future
- Embed an inclusive and diverse culture and increase gender diversity