aTiX: Smiths Detection’s breakthrough X-ray technology will revolutionise checkpoint security
- World’s first deployment of checkpoint X-ray that can automatically detect explosives and liquids in carry-on bags
- Designed to combat the evolving terror threat and to improve passenger experience at checkpoints
- Looks at contents of carry-on bags from multiple views in contrast to single-view capability of conventional X-ray
- Global interest in aTiX is intense and a multi-million pound order has been placed by BAA in the UK
- Based on the technology developed by Smiths Detection for screening hold baggage - EDtS (Explosive Detection Tomography System). Both systems are described in the United States as AT equipment – a term used to describe advanced X-ray technologies. This is the first time AT machines have been approved for passenger checkpoints in the UK
The HI-SCAN 6040aTiX is a high-performance multi-view X-ray inspection system that in real-time automatically detects and pinpoints explosives as well as liquid substances in carry-on baggage. It uses technology based on Smiths Detection’s hold baggage screening systems.