Responsible for the comprehensive management of warehouse, receiving and shipping activities for the Flexible Solutions business to ensure maximum monthly shipping targets are achieved.
Candidates interested must be able to work weekends when necessary.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Manages the activities of a group of warehouse personnel to receive, check, deliver and ship materials.
- Establishes schedules and standards of performance.
- Provides training, maintains discipline and handles grievances and complaints within the limits of company policy.
- Coordinates with scheduling and customer services to provide optimum shipping services to customers with minimal costs.
- Works to consolidate less than full truckloads for improved rates.
- Manages export shipments and related documents.
- Supervises the receipt of incoming supplies and materials.
- Schedules the movement of raw materials from warehousing to manufacturing.
- Maintains storage of raw materials and finished products.
- Responsible for assuring accurate document processing and maintenance of recordkeeping to control receipts and dispersals.
- Resolves customer complaints regarding shipments, monitors shipping errors and takes appropriate action, resolves claims with carriers.
- Sees to equipment and maintains warehouse areas in safe condition. Eliminates hazards.
- Assures warehouse personnel are compliant and knowledgeable of safety requirements for lift truck operation.
- Represents the warehouse department in quality meetings and the Material Review Board process.
Participates in physical inventories.
Responsible for the layout of the warehouse and storage of all materials.
Diversity & Inclusion
We believe that different perspectives and backgrounds are what make a company flourish. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, economic status, disability, age, or any other legally protected characteristics. We are proud to be an inclusive company with values grounded in equality and ethics, where we celebrate, support, and embrace diversity.
Education: Bachelor’s degree in a related discipline preferred or equivalent experience in Warehouse/Logistics operations.
Experience: 3 - 5 years in supervision and warehousing preferred
Skills: Knowledge of warehousing principles
Knowledge of distribution methods, warehousing and storage
Good organizational skills
Effective communication and interpersonal skills
Knowledge of materials and products
Lift truck licensing required
Warehouse working conditions
Salary & Benefits
Benefits include but not limited to:
- 401k company match
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Employee Assistance Program
- Paid Vacation Days
- 10 Paid Holidays
At Smiths we apply leading-edge technology to design, manufacture and deliver market-leading innovative solutions that meet our customers' evolving needs, and touch the lives of millions of people every day. We are a FTSE100, global business of around 23,000 colleagues, based in 55 countries. Our solutions have a real impact on lives across the planet, enabling industry, improving healthcare, enhancing security, advancing connectivity and supporting new homes. Our products and services are often critical to our customers’ operations, while our proprietary technology and high service levels help create competitive advantage. We welcome colleagues with a curious mind, who are happy with responsibility, enjoy a challenge and are attracted by the idea of working at a business with an almost 170 year history of innovation, and five global divisions, all experts in their field.
Flex-Tek is a global leader in providing engineered solutions for the transfer of fluids and gases in extreme environments within aerospace, medical and industrial markets. Our businesses truly recognize that our people and our culture are the fundamental drivers of our progress. We invite you to join us in growing our businesses while we grow together as individuals.